Animaniacs: A Gigantic Adventure is a video game developed by EAI Interactive and Southpeak Interactive and released on June 15, 1999. This was one of three PC games made along with Animaniacs Game Pack and Animaniacs Splat Ball!.
Thaddeus Plotz, after many years of dealing with Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, has decided that they must go, so he orders Ralph T. Guard to round up the Warner siblings' posters, awards, and old films, and hide them around the studios. While doing that, Plotz ordered all of the Warner Siblings be locked up in a sanitarium. However, as is typical of the three, they escape before they reach it and it is up to the player to retrieve all of the hidden goodies.
A Gigantic Adventure is a side-scrolling platformer game. The player takes control of a different Warner sibling in different levels and environments, and they're armed with different weapons.
There are eleven different levels the player will encounter in the game. Each environment involves the use of a different Warner sibling. Some levels have a bonus room, where various goodies must be collected within a limited amount of time.
- Bridge/Tutorial (player takes control of Wakko, can be skipped)
- First Class Dining (Dot) (bonus room: painting)
- Domes (Yakko, Wakko, and Dot) (bonus room: Domes Skyway)
- Kitchen (Wakko)
- Bowels (Dot) (bonus room: Flood Room)
- Engine room (Yakko) (bonus room: Switch Room)
- Ship Side (Dot)
- Iceberg (Yakko) (bonus room: Whack a Fish)
- Frank's Stein (Dot) (bonus room: Dungeon)
- Backstage (Yakko)
- Movie Sets (Wakko)
- Yakko - Armed with a rubber mallet
- Wakko - Armed with a baseball bat
- Dot - Armed with anvils, she's the only character that can hurl projectiles
Enemies and hazards
There are numerous enemies and hazards scattered throughout each level and some enemies such as cupids are limited to only certain environments.
- Ralph (Dressed in various disguises based on the level) throws various types of objects at you based on the environment (Like in the kitchen level, they throw woks at you)
- Dr. Otto Scratchansniff (Dressed in various disguises based on the level) also throws various types of objects at you based on the environment
- Rats (comes in 2 colors, gray and white, but behave the same way) that bite you. You can defeat them by jumping on them as well as attacking
- Water: Will kill the player instantly
- Fire: Lose lots of health
- Falling objects: Inflicts lots of damage to player, some can be destroyed by attacking them
- Miscellaneous items: Various things that just inflict damage
There are five bosses to fight in the game, but the player doesn't actually start encountering them until the last level of Frank's Stein environment onward. Each boss has its own strengths and weaknesses, it's up the player on how to exploit it. Most of the weaknesses are listed in the instruction manual.
List of Bosses
- Scratch Mad- Found in the last level of the Frank's Stein environment. special attack is drinking special potion and transforms and swirls around (based on Jerkyl and Hyde) weakness is being attacked while before/after the effects of the potion wears off.
- Mr. Director
- Ralph Space Boss
Items and Goodies
Items and goodies will award points if collected. Most goodies outside of the awards, posters and films are in the form of food and sweets such as lollipops, plates of spaghetti, fries, pies, burgers, ice cream, drumsticks, stars, microphones and so on.
Several items and goodies will also award something extra. For example, a slice of cake will award an extra life, an atomic ball will let you roll at a fast speed to previously unaccessable areas, hearts will restore your health, sundaes will make you invincible for a brief time, and TVs will let you see a snippet of an Animaniacs episode. There are also clapperboards throughout the stages that act as checkpoints, allowing you to start from them if you lose a life.
- 166 MHz processor
- Microsoft Windows 95/98
- 32MB RAM
- 2MB of free disk space
- 4x CD-ROM
- 2MB PCI video adapter with DirectX compatible drivers
- 16-Bit Windows compatible sound card with DirectX compatible drivers
- Microsoft compatible mouse
- gamepad, joystick, or keyboard
- DirectX version 6.0
- 28.8 modem speed for internet play.
- IGN 3.5/10