|Full Name||Dr. Otto von Scratchansniff|
|Segment||Yakko, Wakko, and Dot|
|Voice Actor||Rob Paulsen|
|Catchphrases|| "No, no, no..."|
"Das ist gut, ja?"
Dr. Otto Scratchansniff (usually referred to as just Dr. Scratchansniff and sometimes a nickname said by the Warners "Scratchy") is the psychiatrist at Warner Bros. studios who speaks with a thick Austrian accent. He is the one charged with keeping an eye on the Warner siblings, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. He was one of the greatest psychiatrists in Hollywood before the Warners arrived. After the Warner's arrival, he was driven to the brink of insanity because of them as seen in De-Zanitized.
PersonalityHe is a regular character in the Warner Brothers' sketches, usually as the victim of their antics. However some shorts feature Scratchansniff as a sort of surrogate father to the Warner siblings, doing activities such as making them food and taking them to the circus (as shown in the theatrical short I'm Mad). Some times the Warner siblings will even call him "father" or "daddy" just to mess around and annoy him for the fun of it. He is highly allergic to poison oak. Scratchansniff is attracted to fat women as shown in 'Drive-Insane' and Anchors a-Warners'
He has worked at Warner Bros. for fifty years, implying that he must be at least in his mid-70s, despite his relatively spry demeanor. His patients over the years have included Edward G. Robinson, Peter Lorre, Better Davis, Rex Harrison, the Invisible Man, Jack Nicholson, Cher, Clint Eastwood, and Michael Keaton. He occasionally uses a puppet, named Mr. Puppet Head, when treating children to help them talk about their feelings.
He once had gray hair, but it was ripped off due to the Warners driving him to insanity in his sessions with them, which is why he is now bald. He wears a white shirt, purple pants, black shoes, and glasses. His eyes were never shown.
His voice is provided by Rob Paulsen.
- Main Title (nonspeaking)
- Ep1: De-Zanitized
- Ep1: The Monkey Song
- Ep1: Nighty-Night Toon (nonspeaking)
- Ep5: Taming of the Screwy
- Ep6: What Are We?
- Ep69: I'm Mad
- Rob Paulsen re-used his Dr. Scratchansniff voice for a character from a 2005 segment of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi named The Amazing Dr. Mysto.
- Doctor Scratchansniff’s voice is based on Peter Sellers’ Doctor Strangelove (10:55).
- In English version of Animaniacs, some of the only words that Dr. Otto Scratchansniff spoke in German are "Ja" ( in 'Etiquette Song') and 'Und' (in "I'm Mad").
- Rob Paulsen will be reprising his role as Otto in the upcoming Animaniacs revival.