Branimaniacs/The Warners and the Beanstalk/Frontier Slappy is the 51st episode of the original Animaniacs. It originally aired on February 10, 1994.
Animation by StarToons
Slappy and Skippy act as the spokes-squirels for Branimaniacs, the official cereal of Animaniacs. It makes you have to go to the bathroom (due to its large amount of fiber), but you get paid for saying you like the cereal.
- Branimaniacs is a trademark of Smellog's, which is a parody of the Kellogg's cereals.
The Warners and the Beanstalk
Animation by Tokyo Movie Shinsha, Ltd.
The Warners star in their version of the classic fairy tale with Hello Nurse as the harp and Ralph T. Guard as the giant. At one point in the story, the Warners convince the giant to eat gold eggs and meat instead of them, in the style of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.
- For some reason, the DVD release cuts out this cartoon's title card. It did, however, appear in syndication (such on Hub Network) and streaming (Netflix and Hulu).
- The "Used Cow Salesman" is modeled off of Pat Buttram, who was known for playing snake oil salesmen, especially Mr. Haney on Green Acres.
- Unlike in the original nursery rhyme, the giant (played by Ralph) apparently survives his fall
- Ralph: Pe pie pooka plot / I smell Yakko, Wakko, and Dot!
- Yakko: Don't you mean fe fi fo fum?
- Ralph: Yeah, but it don't rhymes with Dot.
- Ralph: Fe fi fo fum / I fall down and hurt my bum.
Animation by StarToons
Slappy finds herself facing "legendary" pioneer Daniel Boone, who wants to cut down her tree to build his house.
- When Daniel Boone asks the singers to show themselves, they turn out to be Tom, Dick and Larry from the 1942 Chuck Jones Merrie Melodies cartoon The Dover Boys.
- This episode is a parody of Fess Parker's failed follow-up to Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, where he played essentially the same frontiersman character only with a different name.
- Slappy: (after pouring hot wax on Boone) Maybe he can rent himself out as a menorah.
- Slappy: That's nice singin'. They remind me of Up with People.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Cow Salesman, Larry|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse|
|Frank Welker||Ralph T. Guard|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Nathan Ruegger||Skippy Squirrel|
|Jim Cummings||Daniel Boone, Mayor, Narrator|