|Animaniacs Episode 99|
|Air date:||November 14, 1998|
|Variable verse:|| YW&D: "Pinky and the Brainy..."
|Gag credit(s):|| A special THANK YOU to all those who have contributed to the success of Animaniacs|
Just Wait Until Episode #100! - Just Wait! And Wait! And Wait!
|Closing tag:|| YW&D: "Goodbye, nurse!"
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Episode 99 is the series finale of Animaniacs. It originally aired on Kids' WB as part of the Animaniacs Super Special along with the series finale of Pinky and the Brain. It premiered November 14,1998
Newsreel of the Stars
Theme song (extended)
Variable verse: "Pinky and the Brain-y"
- The line "While Bill Clinton plays the sax" from the original version of the song returns for the finale.
- The line "Meet Pinky and the Brain who want to rule the universe." replaces "Meet Ralph and Dr. Scratchansniff, Say hi to Hello Nurse."
Birds on a Wire
Animation by Koko EnterprisesThe Goodfeathers observe a beautiful sunrise.
- The final Goodfeathers cartoon.
- The final cartoon to be animated by Koko.
The Scoring Session
Animation by Wang Film Production
- The orchestra consists of:
- The Hip Hippos - cellos
- Runt - cello
- Tom Lavin - cello
- Ralph T. Guard - timpani and bass drum
- The Goodfeathers - tubular bells
- Dr. Scratchansniff, Frau Hassenfeffer and Steve Bernstein - trombones
- Pinky and the Brain and Skippy Squirrel - trumpets
- The Mime - mime trumpet
- Sid the Squid, Walter Wolf and Beanie the Brain-Dead Bison - clarinets
- Slappy Squirrel and Vina Walleen - flutes
- Chicken Boo, Rita, Katie Ka-Boom, composer Julie Bernstein, Stinkbomb, Minerva Mink, Mindy, and Hello Nurse - violins
- Dot Warner - violin
- Yakko Warner - piano
- Wakko Warner - drums and percussion
- If you look closely, in the scene where Dot is walking to her chair, you can see that Minerva is now the size of a normal mink instead half the size of a human.
- The final Yakko, Wakko, and Dot cartoon.
- When Runt was saying that one of the notes is a G-Flat, Rita's eyes are green.
- This is the second of two shorts where Katie Ka-Boom appeared outside her own segment, the other bring "The Big Wrap Party Tonight".
- The final cartoon to be animated by Wang
In a redubbed version of the "Very Special Show" opening, consisting of mostly reused production cells, the Warners introduce a tribute to the first 99 episodes of Animaniacs.
- The ending of this version of the very special opening, where Wakko's line was originally, "It's especially stinky!" (it can be heard here), can be heard on non-US prints of the episode "Animaniacs Stew". When this version was eventually used (in the US and Internationally) for this episode, the line has been redubbed "It actually doesn't stink!"
The Animaniacs Suite
In the last ever cartoon of the series, Richard Stone and the Warner Bros. Studio Symphony perform a brilliantly arranged tribute to the musical themes of Animaniacs accompanied by clips from the show. The themes heard, in order, are:
- Introduction (with the Theme song, and interpolations of the "Barber of Seville" overture and Beethoven's Symphony No. 5)
- The Theme song
- The Yakko, Wakko and Dot theme (with some interpolations of "Stars and Stripes Forever", "the Light Cavalry Overture", "Rule Britannia", "Battle Hymn of the Republic", and "Le Marseilles")
- Pinky and the Brain
- Mindy's theme
- Rita's theme (also accompanied by footage of Hello Nurse and Minerva Mink)
- Goodfeathers cue
- Slappy's cue (adaptation of Dvorak's "Humoresque")
- Medley recapitulation
- Theme song reprise
This was the final Animaniacs episode.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner|
|Michael McKean||Neivel Nosenest|
|Frank Welker||Ralph T. Guard|
- Jess Harnell - Walter Wolf
- Maurice LaMarche - The Brain, Wakko's Burps
- Tress MacNeille - Hello Nurse, Marita Hippo, Miss Flamiel, Frau Hassenfeffer
- Rob Paulsen - Dr. Scratchansniff, Pinky
- Frank Welker - Runt, Flavio Hippo, Recording Engineer
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|