|Segment||Pinky and the Brain|
|First Episode||Animaniacs: The Monkey Song/Win Big|
Pinky and the Brain (spin-off): Das Mouse
|Voice Actor||Rob Paulsen|
|Catchphrases||"Narf!" "Poit!" "Zort!" "Troz!" "Egad!"|
"Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
"Egad, Brain, brillaint! Oh, wait, no no..."
"Oh well that's different then, isn't it?"
"Uh, I think so, Brain, but..."
Narf! - Pinky
Pinky is a recurring character on Animaniacs and one of the two main protagonists in Pinky and the Brain. He is also a major character in Wakko's Wish. Pinky is a lab mouse with a open-minded personality, and he is the assistant of Brain, who often says random nonsense words. Brain often claims Pinky to be the main failure of his plans, although in actuality these failures were sometimes not Pinky's fault.
Pinky is often very quirky, unfocused, forgetful, friendly, open-minded, sweet, kind, polite, sensitive, gentle, child-like, joyful, patient, naive, friendly and loyal. Despite the pain and insults he took from his fellow roommate, he was almost always happy and giddy. However, there were a few times that these factors of the character were changed. In the episode "That Smarts" it is revealed that when he becomes very smart, Pinky's relationship with Brain loses all of its zest and it becomes boring as he outsmarts Brain.
However, to his credit Pinky does know all of the names to all of the world's cheeses and can even name what country produces each type of cheese. Pinky also once almost convinced all of the rulers of their countries to hand-over their countries to Brain as part of his birthday gift (Pinky even managed to keep the secret from Brain, but it only made Brain wonder what Pinky was up to and led him to ruin his own birthday). Surprisingly whenever Brain's intellectual methods didn't work (which was very rare), Pinky's instincts kick in and usually do a good job of guidance.
There's even been a few cases where Pinky provided great useful knowledge about certain topics like comic books. In the episode titled The Pink Candidate, it showed that if Pinky were to become President of the Untied States than he would be a fair, loyal and honest leader. This loyalty to Brain has also shown it's self in many other cases. An example of Pinky's loyalty to Brain would be found in the episode "Snowball" where Brain's enemy Snowball tried to sway Pinky into believing that Brain was just using him. Pinky however, was unswayable and refused to believe Snowball.
He loves cool weather, his horse girlfriend Pharfignewton, Bingo, television, movies, Acme Labs, and participating in Brain’s plans. As a result of a mishap with Brain's cloning experiment, he and Brain have a child made-up of their DNA: Romy.
Besides Pharfignewton, Pinky also had three failed love interests with non-rodents: a sea lion named Winnie, in Elmyra a pig named Penny, and Brain’s monster creation Druscilla.
Pinky and the Brain
- Win Big (Season 1, Episode 2C)
- Where Rodents Dare (Season 1, Episode 9B)
- Battle for the Planet (Season 1, Episode 15B)
- Pavlov's Mice (Season 1, Episode 18A)
- Opportunity Knox (Season 1, Episode 24A)
- Jockey for Position (Season 1, Episode 27C)
- Bubba Bo Bob Brain (Season 1, Episode 34B)
- Spellbound (Season 1, Episode 38)
- Puppet Rulers (Season 1, Episode 40C)
- The World Can Wait (Season 1, Episode 44B)
- When Mice Ruled the Earth (Season 1, Episode 47B)
- Yes, Always (Season 1, Episode 52C)
- Brain Meets Brawn (Season 1, Episode 54A)
- The Helpinki Formula (Season 1, Episode 56B)
- Meet John Brain (Season 1, Episode 58A)
- Cranial Crusader (Season 1, Episode 60B)
- Don't Tread on Us (Season 3, Episode 8B)
- The Brain's Apprentice (Season 5, Episode 8B)
- The Monkey Song (non-speaking cameo and first appearance in a cartoon)
- Nighty-Night Toon (cameo)
- Wally Llama (brief non-speaking cameo)
- Space Probed (brief non-speaking cameo)
- Plane Pals (brief non-speaking cameo)
- Sir Yaksalot (cameo)
- Hercule Yakko
- Noah's Lark (cameo)
- Animaniacs Stew
- The Senses Song (brief non-speaking cameo)
- T'was the Day Before Christmas (cameo)
- A Hard Day's Warners
- A Quake! A Quake! (brief non-speaking cameo)
- Hercules Unwound
- The Return of the Wakkorotti (cameo)
- The Big Wrap Party Tonight (cameo)
- Pitter Patter of Little Feet
- Dot - The Macadamia Nut
- The Scoring Session (Cameo)
- All 65 episodes of Pinky and the Brain (spin-off)
- All 13 episodes of Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain
- Tiny Toons: Spring Break Special (Cameo)
- Freakazoid!: Freakazoid is History (Cameo)
- Wakko's Wish
Pinky and the Brain
- Of Mice and Memes (Season 1, Episode 1C)
- How to Brain Your Dragon (Season 1, Episode 2B)
- Pinko and the Brain (Season 1, Episode 3B)
- Ex Mousina (Season 1, Episode 4B)
- No Brainer (Season 1, Episode 5B)
- Close Encounters of the Worst Kind (Season 1, Episode 6B)
- Mousechurian Candidate (Season 1, Episode 8B)
- Future Brain (Season 1, Episode 9C)
- Babysitter's Flub (Season 1, Episode 10B)
- Bride of Pinky (Season 1, Episode 11C)
- 1001 Narfs (Season 1, Episode 12B)
- Roadent Trip (Season 1, Episode 13B)
- The Warners’ Press Conference (Cameo)
- Manny Manspreader (Cameo)
Animaniacs Wiki has a collection of quotes related to Pinky
- Pinky is modeled after Eddie Fitzgerald, a writer and director for Tiny Toon Adventures.
- When Tom Ruegger was working for Tiny Toons, his office was next to Fitzgerald and Tom Minton's, and he would often overhear their conversations. Minton would talk in a low voice and Fitzgerald would often randomly interject with words like "NARF!" and "EGAD!".
- In fact, in one of the episode credits for Tiny Toons, Fitzgerald is credited as "Guy Who Says 'Narf'".
- Often Brain said after coming up with a plan, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?" Pinky replied, "I think so Brain, but..." he then said something completely off topic.
- He was once eaten by Rita. It is unknown how he survived.
- His repertoire of random words were "Narf" ,"Zort", "Poit", "Egad", "Troz", and "Fiddely-posh." It was revealed in their own TV show that these words were seen by him when he said them.
- As revealed in a Pinky and the Brain episode called” “The Family that Poits Together, Narfs Together”, Pinky was born in a pet shop.
- Pinky may have psychic powers as in the Pinky and The Brain episode Fly, he was moving fruit around in a circle without touching them. This power “comes and goes”, as he puts it.
- He may have regenerative abilities since in Pinky and The Brain, he suggested that his leg grew back.
- In the reboot, he appears to be interested in smart phones.
Animaniacs Wiki has a collection of images related to Pinky