Thaddeus Plotz, also known simply as Mr. Plotz, or T.P., Plotz-y, and Plotz (the latter three are nicknames from the Warners), was the CEO of Warner Bros. throughout the original series. He was replaced in the Animaniacs reboot by Nora Rita Norita. He is extremely short with a short temper to match. He is usually portrayed as an antagonist, but he is sometimes shown to have a good side. He is voiced by Frank Welker.
Mr. Plotz is a short, stout man. He has balding white hair, and usually wears a blue suit jacket with gray pants.
Mr. Plotz is very hot-headed and no-nonsense, the exact type of person the Warners specialize in annoying.
Like Wakko, he has a fear of clowns, as revealed in "Clown and Out". In spite of this, "Clown and Out" also shows that he has faced his fear in order to do something special for the Warners. As revealed in "The Warners 65th Anniversary Special", he worked in the front office of Warner Bros. Studios in the time of the Warners' creation. In "A Christmas Plotz", it is revealed that he took over the studio from his father by forcing him to retire.
In the Reboot
In the 2020 reboot, Plotz is revealed to no longer be the CEO of Warner Bros., with Nora Rita Norita in his place. However, he returned to the series in "Wakkiver Twist Part Two" as a judge. It is possible that after Nora took his place, he retired and a portrait of him hangs in Nora’s office to honor him. In the portrait, he has a different colored suit and tie and looks much older, implying he aged a lot between "The Scoring Session" (last episode of the original series) and "Suspended Animation". Though, this could just be the differences in character design between the original series and the reboot, or the resulting stress from years of dealing with the Warners gradually took a toll on his appearance.
Animaniacs (Original Series)
- Main Title (nonspeaking)
- Taming of the Screwy
- Temporary Insanity
- Little Old Slappy from Pasadena (nonspeaking)
- Chalkboard Bungle
- Hearts of Twilight
- Clown and Out
- Survey Ladies (nonspeaking)
- Twas the Day Before Christmas
- A Christmas Plotz
- The Warners' 65th Anniversary Special
- Super Strong Warner Siblings
- The Sound of Warners
- The Party
- Episode 82: Wakko's 2-Note Song/The Big Wrap Party Tonight
- Episode 85: Boids on the Hood/Mighty Wakko at the Bat
- A Very Very Very Very Special Show
- The Boo Network
- Ralph's Wedding
- Back in Style
- Dot - The Macadamia Nut (nonspeaking)
- Hooray for North Hollywood
- Hooray for North Hollywood (Part 2)
- "Suspended Animation" (portrait)
- "Bun Control" (portrait)
- "WhoDonut (portrait)
- "Wakkiver Twist Part Two"
- In international dubs, Plotz has slightly different names: Tadeo Plotz (Spain), Thaddäus Plotz (Germany), Pan Plotz (Poland).
- Even though he disliked the Warners, he does have limits, such as in Wakko's Wish, where he was terrified at King Salazar's orders to kill them.
- Frank Welker used Plotz's voice for the medieval king in "How to Brain Your Dragon". However, the king is a different character.
- The word "plotz" is Yiddish (religious language) in origin, meaning to faint, or collapse, which is what he often does whenever the Warners wreak havoc on the studio.